Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Portion size

Portion size tool by Web MD

So, above is a very cool site from Web MD. I found it on another RD's blog and thought it was a great way to help consumers. It gives you a visual of how big or small your portion size should be if you are eating anything from a hamburger to a bagel to an apple. Many of my clients don't realize that a bagel from a bakery, can count as 4-5 servings of grains. That is almost half of the RDA for the day. Since the site has such great visuals, I think you'll have a good chance of remembering what your portion should look like the next time you grab a bite to eat. Since we have become accustomed to huge portions, this is a great tool to use to keep portion sizes in check.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that info! It is a great tool!

    I just found your blog/website and I'm very interested in moving toward an intuitive eating approach to my weight loss. I'm at the tail end of my weight loss journey (last 15 lbs.) and I'm feeling stuck. Bad habits keep coming back into play. I'm trying this new way of eating on my own, but it's nice to know I have someone in my area to contact for additional help if I need it!

    ReplyDelete