Thursday, June 4, 2009

Attraction

For those of you who have been under a rock for the past few years and have not heard of the power of intention, I'll fill you in on a little "secret", it works and is a little frightening when it does. Basically the power of intention or attraction follows the belief that since your mind can not understand anything in the negative, the more you focus on "I don't want to be fat" for example, your mind only hears "I want fat" and Viola your body attracts fat. Or, I don't want to be poor, I don't want to be sick, etc. You get the picture. The law of attraction basically says what you put out to the universe in the form of thoughts will be returned to you. If you say I want to be thin, you are really saying I don't want to be fat. So, how do you make the power of attraction work for you? You start saying, " I am thin" or "I am healthy", even if you don't believe it at first, keep repeating it to yourself and picture yourself how you want to be while saying it. I have used this "Secret" to attract many things in my life and sometimes I don't even realize it. For example, for the past few months I have been stressing over my lack of clients- typical daily thoughts for me included "I don't have enough clients" "how am I ever going to get clients" "I need more clients", etc. Finally, last week while meditating, I said to myself, "I am going to let the client thing go, it's summer and I don't have as much time for clients so I am just going to focus on my kids and not worry about clients". Guess what happened, I have had 10 potential clients contact me in the last week! Amazing! So, I guess the moral of the blog is focus on the positive, add in some gratitude, imagine how you want your life to be instead of wishing it were different, and then stop stressing about the "how" and trust that the universe will deliver. It will, it always does! Try it yourself, start with a baby steps, like when I go to the store my favorite items will be on sale. It's a skill, but once you learn how to do it, your life will begin to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment